Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bridezilla in Training


Just a quick vent because I have to get back to work...lunch is almost over...

-If one more person in my life lectures me on the frivolousness of my wedding and "how could I do an event for myself and expect anyone to attend in this economy" I seriously might kick them in the face.

-If one more person gives me a riciculous excuse for why they can't attend wedding events or the wedding I am going to write a book of stupid excuses that no one in their right mind would believe.

-If one more person tells me to calm down and not get flustered I don't know what I am going to do...

I really am starting to understand the making of a bridezilla. I don't get how we support and love so many people in our lives through good and not so good and when it is our turn to celebrate and be excited it is like people find pleasure in bringing us down.

Now don't jump all over me here and tell me that I am overreacting, being crazy, taking things out of context...what the bottom line is that some people really don't want others to be happy! That is what I am realizing...and it is a sad realization that hurts...I really think bridezillas are created out of normal girls who just get fed up with being hurt, pushed around and made to think they are self-centered brats...

Now I am going back to work and tonight I will be mailing out invitations to people who are bitter, upset and all around hating us for having a wedding 400 miles away...the happiest day of our lives!

6 comments on "Bridezilla in Training"

Bridechka on July 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM said...

I hear you girl! And the worst part is when you try to extricate yourself from the situation, they invariably give you the "calm down! why are you getting so upset?" Which just makes me furious! I am upset because you dont know how to keep your mouth shut and leave me alone!

Phew, i feel better now. you?

The Professional Bridesmaid on July 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM said...

I hear ya. Being a bridesmaid several time, I have to say most of 'my' brides are calm people until they keep getting pulled in different directions trying to satisfy everyone. I'm sorry that people are telling you that your wedding is frivolous - I'm a little appalled by that. And for those people who can't come, it sucks, but it's bound to happen. Just remember, you only want those who truly want to be there to actually be there.

The Thirty-Something Bride on July 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM said...

How weird. I think I said the same exact rant to my mother this morning. It's like all of a sudden, I get the bridezilla thing. If one more person says one more thing about.....

You're lucky, 400 miles is a cake walk. I think MAYBE 10 people from Nashville are invited to our wedding. The closest after that is Atlanta - and I don't even like those relatives. ;)

And seriously, I think this is why I blog (and maybe you too?) - because of the supportive community. No worries doll, we got your back!

Anonymous said...

dang. sounds like it's time for a beatdown. you need to come up with a sweet comeback for all the debbie-downers out there. they suck. & since when is it such a hassel for people to come to a huge party? they can either go or not.

Lauren on July 15, 2009 at 1:18 PM said...

Frivolous? Are you kidding me right now? It's your frickin' WEDDING - the most important day of your life, not to mention the most monumental party you'll ever throw. OF COURSE it's frivolous! There is a time and a place to be frivolous, and honey, this is it! Why does that have to be such a bad thing?

Why is it that people get their own ideas about things as if it was their special day, and then get pissed off when you express a desire to do it your way instead? Why can't people just love you and be supportive? I'm not trying to be a brat and force people to treat me like "the princess that I am," but can I just point out that, when it was someone else's turn, I was entirely supportive and did everything I could to make them feel like a million bucks? Why can't I expect the same? GAH! People!

That being said, I am a full supporter of thinking about the guests first - that's where the enjoyment comes from for me: being a good hostess. But I have to work from what I'm comfortable with. If the hostess is not comfortable in her surroundings, no one else is going to be.

Screw them. You do what you want to do, and if anyone else has a problem, let them throw a fit in the corner - don't even dignify that kind of whining with a response.

Emilia Jane on July 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM said...

The people who matter most will be there. You wouldn't want the downers and the haters there anyway! You won't even notice they're missing. We have friends on both coasts since we moved from the east coast to San Diego four years ago. And we have other friends all over the country. We are having a really small wedding and only inviting our closest friends. So far no complaints about money or travel. I would never dream of saying that to someone. I would just congratulate them and, if I couldn't afford it, decline the invite. Jeesh.

Post a Comment

 

Posh Play Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez